The Retirement Planning Specialists, LLC (“RPS”) recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of our Clients. We provide this notice to you so that you will know what kinds of information we collect about our Clients and the circumstances in which that information may be disclosed to third parties who are not affiliated with RPS.
Collection of Client Information
We collect nonpublic personal information about our Clients from the following sources:
- Account Applications, advisory agreements and other forms, which may include a Client’s name, address, social security number, and information about a Client’s investment goals and risk tolerance;
- Account History, including information about the transactions and balances in a Client’s account; and
- Correspondence, written, telephonic or electronic, between a Client and RPS or service providers to RPS.
Among other sources, we may collect this information through Internet web sites.
Disclosure of Client Information
We may disclose all of the information described above to certain third parties who are not affiliated with the firm under one or more of the following circumstances;
- As Authorized – if you request or authorize disclosure of the information.
- As Required by Law – for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
- As otherwise Permitted by Law – for example, sharing information with companies that maintain, process or service Client accounts or financial products and services or effect, administer or enforce Client transactions is permitted. Among other activities, we may share information with broker-dealers in order to execute Client trades or with custodians that hold securities on behalf of Clients. We believe that sharing of information for these purposes is essential to providing Clients with necessary or useful services with respect to their accounts.
- As Needed for Services We Offer or Provide Through Third Parties – we use an outside vendor, Orion Advisor Services (“Orion”), to provide quarterly performance reporting and bill preparation. We and our custodians routinely share with Orion account information including client names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, account numbers, social security numbers, and transaction and balance data so that they may execute these services. Orion is bound by contract to protect the confidentiality of your data. Additionally, we may use other services (e.g., basket delivery) that necessitate the disclosure of less sensitive information including client names and addresses, and we require these firms to take steps to protect this data as well.
- Under Joint Agreements – we may also share information with companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Security of Client Information
We require service providers to the firm:
- to maintain policies and procedures designed to assure only appropriate access to information about Clients of the firm;
- to limit the use of information about the firm’s Clients to the purposes for which the information was disclosed, or as otherwise permitted by law; and
- to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard non-public personal information about our Clients.
If you have questions regarding these policies, please contact us by phone or email.