The following are some of the questions that many clients have had prior to our working together. If you are trying to answer any of these questions, it may make sense for us to meet and discuss your situation and see if there aren't ways I can help.
- Will I/do I have enough to retire on comfortably -- taking inflation, increased recreation/travel costs, changes in health care, and other retirement expenses into account?
- What's the earliest I could retire if I really wanted to?
- I've been offered an opportunity to retire with an 'early-out' package but I don't know if I should. What should I do and how can I decide?
- What kind of a return on my investments do I need to achieve in order to reach my retirement goals?
- How much should I save each year to retire when I want to?
- I have a choice about how to take my pension. What option makes the most sense for me?
- I've heard that making a mistake on how to take my IRA or retirement plan distributions when I turn 70 can be really costly and may be irrevocable. What should I do?
Investment Planning/Portfolio Management
- I'm pretty conservative, but I don't know if my portfolio is too conservative or not conservative enough. How do I approach this?
- What mix of investments is appropriate for my situation so that I'm positioned for an expected level of risk and return I can live with?
- Are my retirement assets earning a return that will allow me to retire when I want to?
- I'm retired and need some income, but should I really keep all my assets in investments that produce an income but that don't have much opportunity for growth?
- I've left my old company and I'd like to rollover my 401(k). What should I do?
- I have accounts at several different firms. Is there a way to simplify and/or consolidate so I'm getting just one statement a month?
- I have a 401(k) with my present employer, but how should I invest within it?
- Are there hidden costs in my current investments that I don't know about?
- Am I paying more in taxes than I have?
- Are there strategies I can use to reduce my tax bill?
- How about tax sensitive investment strategies?
Long-Term Care/Nursing Home Insurance
- How does long term care insurance work and does it really make sense for me?
- What's the most cost-effective age to purchase long term care insurance?
- There are so many options with long-term care policies - duration, inflation protection, and other riders. What's right for MY situation?
- Have I reached the point where I no longer need life insurance?
- How can I make sure that I don't have too much life insurance -- or too little?
- Am I paying too much for the insurance that I have?
- I've heard about different types of life insurance -- term, permanent, universal, variable universal, and whole life. Which one is right for me given my age, my tax bracket, and my need for insurance?
If you have other questions about if and how I may be able to help you, please feel free to contact me by phone or email.